How can I Use my Name Servers on my Hosting Server?
You can Setup your Custom NAME SERVERS on yours Hosting by following Steps.
Step 1: Going to DNS Management Screen:
1. To start, you'll have to login to Plesk with your username, admin, and password..
2. To modify DNS entries, click on the 'Server' link on the left side of your control panel. Following, please click on the 'DNS' icon to modify and create your entries.
Step 2: Creating A Records for Name Servers
To create your name servers in Plesk, And a New DNS Record, Record type as A.
4. Press Add New DNS Record button
5. Now, it's time to create nameserver 1. You can virtually name this anything you'd like. In this tutorial, we're going to name it ns1.
6. To setup nameserver 1, enter in 'ns1' in the 'Enter domain name' field. This will ensure that all domains on the server use these nameservers, unless otherwise specified.
7. With your Go4Hosting account, you will receive at least 2 IP addresses by default in your signup email. You can use 2 of those IPs for the purpose of name server creation.
Enter the IP address that you would like to assign to nameserver 1.
8. Click on the 'OK' button to save your changes.
9. You'll once again return to the main DNS. Management screen.
10. To create name server 2, once again select Add a New DNS Record, selecting Record Type as A.
11. Enter in 'ns2' in the 'Enter domain name' field. This will ensure that all domains on the server use these nameservers, unless otherwise specified.
12. Enter the IP address that you would like to assign to nameserver 2.
13. Click on the 'OK' button to save your changes.
Step 3: Creating NS Records for Name Servers
1. Here, we're going to create the actual nameservers for your server. Please note: the steps above are required for this to function correctly.
2. Once again, add a New DNS Record, but selecting the Record Type as NS this time.
3. Leave the "Enter domain name" field blank.
4. Enter ns1.domain.com in the "Enter nameserver" field. Replace domain.com with your actual domain.
5. Proceed by clicking the 'OK' button.
6. The record will be successfully created. You'll return to the DNS Management screen
To create ns2, Once again add a New DNS Record, with Record Type NS
1. Please add 'ns2.domain.com' as a nameserver. You must replace 'domain.com' with your actual domain name.
2. Proceed by clicking the 'OK' button.
Step 4: Removing Unneeded DNS Records:
1. Scroll down to see the list of DNS records created in your Plesk system
2. There's a few entries that are not needed in the DNS configuration settings. You can remove these by checking off the box on the right hand side off your screen, and then clicking the 'Remove Selected' button above the DNS table.
3. ns.. and . will be removed
Was this answer helpful?
Every domain has at least two nameservers assigned to it and those nameservers hold records for...
It usually takes 24-48 hours for a domain to fully replicate changes, additions, or deletions...
When you transfer your website to a new web hosting services provider they ask you for...
A Canonical Name record (abbreviated as CNAME record) is a type of resource record in the Domain...
When clearing your DNS it is best to follow the procedure below... Clear your browser cache and...