Get Additional 10% OFF on all Hosting & Server
Chat now or share your details and we'll get in touch
Factors to Consider while Signing Up for VPS Hosting for your Website2020-04-22 12:12:01
VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting is unique in the sense that it makes use of virtualization technologies, unlike shared or dedicated hosting. So, a single server is compartmentalized to create many private servers. In this way, a single piece of hardware basically acts like many distinct servers. In VPS, the word “private” clearly signifies that you will not need to share resources like memory or CPU or bandwidth with any other user.
How Is VPS Hosting Different From Shared and Dedicated Hosting?
When you are planning to choose VPS hosting India, it is important to understand the advantages you will enjoy from VPS plans in comparison with a shared or dedicated hosting plan. Unlike shared hosting; you will not have to share server resources like RAM and CPU in the VPS hosting. Moreover, shared hosting involves various limitations because where there traffic spikes, resource sharing with multiple neighbors can cause your website speed to slow down. If you compare VPS hosting with dedicated server hosting, you will see that it is the most cost-effective one and you are given root access to these virtual servers. You are free to use custom software to cater to your individual needs. Dedicated server hosting plans appear to be best suited for businesses that have many technical demands and which get a lot of website traffic each day. VPS hosting allows you to get almost all benefits of dedicated hosting for far lower prices.
Factors to Consider while Purchasing VPS hosting:
When you buy VPS hosting plans, there are some important factors to look into. Many cheap VPS hosting providers claim to offer excellent VPS packages but you need to verify their credentials and make sure that these plans cater to your specific business needs.
- At first, you will need to decide between choosing managed & unmanaged VPS solutions. Unmanaged VPS solutions are less costly but demand a lot of technical expertise and experience. But if you choose fully-managed VPS solutions for your site, you can ensure that your provider troubleshoots all your technical problems.
- When you are looking to sign up for VPS, you must also make sure that the hosting provider is able to give you round-the-clock supports. There are free hosting trial options that will allow you to check a provider’s services before you pay for these.
- When you are running an e-commerce website where you will sell products, you will need an SSL certification. So, you must look for a service provider which can help you through this process. It should have skilled and experienced staff who is well-versed with such certifications.
- You will also need a service provider that can conduct regular backups. The provider should also implement robust security measures to ensure there are no data breaches.
When Should You Choose VPS Hosting?
- When you discover that the security features in your existing hosting plan are not enough and you want to enjoy more advanced monitoring power, better backup space, enhanced reliability, etc, you should look for VPS hosting plans.
- When you have just started your website and do not get much web traffic, a shared hosting plan will be sufficient. But, when the traffic to the site grows you need to upgrade. You will not want to lose out customers because of a slow-moving website. Sometimes, there may be server crashes too because of unexpected traffic spikes which make upgrading to VPS a must.
- If you realize that the website is running slow continuously you will not be able to scale up the resources. As the website grows and more content gets added, there will be a corresponding decrease in the loading speed. When you upgrade to VPS hosting this problem is resolved.
- When you run an online store, it is essential to choose VPS hosting. This will provide you the kind of security you need to pass a compliance test. The PCI DSS has been set up big brands to prevent credit card thefts. So, for websites accepting credit or debit card payments online, it is necessary to have high-end security to protect clients’ financial data. This is why choosing a VPS hosting makes more sense for smaller e-commerce businesses.
- For companies that need to install customized software, VPS hosting is a good option. Shared web hosting is fine for website owners who want standard programs and regular WordPress plugins. But, when there is a need for customized software or custom server configurations, VPS hosting plans are necessary as these will provide you root access. So, bookkeeping or billing programs need to be available online at all times and to run optimally, VPS or dedicated servers are needed.
- When you notice that there are frequent server error messages appearing on the screen, it is an indication that your buyers are also viewing these and more likely to leave the website. You cannot allow these errors to show when you run an e-commerce store. Website uptime is of utmost importance and you need VPS hosting for this.
- Finally, for those working on a tight budget, VPS is an outstanding option because these servers are less costly than dedicated ones but guarantee almost the same advantages.
NextraOne offers cheap VPS hosting India with a maximum of 99.99% uptime, 24*7 support, top-notch infrastructure, DDoS protection, and much more so that you can calm down and concentrate on your business while we manage the technicalities.
Mukul Dixit is a marketing enthusiast, believes that great content drives action and helps businesses be more influential. With the experience of writing for different organizations globally, he understands the need to craft tailor-made content solutions that are relevant, strong, and create an impact. He mostly writes what he deeply perceives, it is his way of unwinding. He is an avid reader, loves to explore new locations, and wishes to contribute to the society by enlightening the world.